Volkswagen and Skoda are offering New Zealand drivers a new way to improve life on the road.
It’s via an App – application software – that can be download for smartphones from the VW or Skoda websites.
Skoda was first to launch the the App, followed by VW a week or so later.
Both brands – distributed here by European Motor Distributors – offer pretty much the same App services.
Skoda general manager Sean Tupp VW says the My Car feature offers a digital handbook as well as explaining dashboard warning lights.
“It doesn’t replace the manual handbook book, it’s supplementary. It’s there for those who mightn’t want to wade through a manual,” he said.
VW general manager Tom Ruddenklau says the App will help support “Volkswagen’s rapid growth in New Zealand.”
“Features such as the Roadside Assistance accident report will make a real difference to our drivers,” says VW general manager Tom Ruddenklau.
“It will help them record all details of an accident to send immediately to their insurance company.”
The App’s range of features includes:
- Parking Parking space timer and location reminder, to avoid tickets.
- Roadside Assistance Contact VW or Skoda Assistance to record accident details
- On the Road Record recent road trips and translate foreign languages
- Service Locate the nearest dealer to services they offer
- Tips & Offers Exclusive offers to App users for both passenger and commercial
- Symbols Dashboard symbol dictionary
- My Car Everything you need to know about how your car works